Monday, July 16, 2007

1,000 Voices Mega Concert For Peace

Last Sunday night (15 July) went to see the 1,000 Voices Mega Concert for Peace organized by the Adventist Development Foundation at the Likas Stadium, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. The concert featured two guest artistes (group) - The Golden Angels from South Korea and The Ambassadors from the Philippines and is the No. 1 choir group in the Philippines and the world champion for the Gospel and Spiritual category in the 2006 World Choir Games (4th Choir Olympics)..wow I didn't know that Choir also has Olympic games! I say the concert was quite good but the sound system was quite dissapointing though, I don't know why the technicians didn't bother to adjust the white screen projection or at least place it in a proper location..higher ground or something? (actually not sure what you called that thing kahaha) and its the organizers job to tell them? Anyways, its their 1st time and maybe the 2nd time there might be some improvement..perhaps a better stage in the future ya. Quite a pity, that the Ripples Choir from Tamparuli (Sshh...I am an ex choir member) didn't sang live (?)...their voices already pre-recorded kah..maybe if each one of them holds a microphone..maybe baru boleh tanding tu Ambassadors group..hehe?..their songs macam lagu patriotic pulak...(sorry kio) but I am still proud of them..being introduced as the best choir in Sabah (really kah?)...glamour jugak sikit lah...keep it up aunties and uncles! Another local artiste, Joanna Sue Henley Rampas, her voice memang ada power and soulful...she should join the Akademi Fantasia 6 next year..you go girl! Overall, I was pretty inspired and I did have goose bumps too..'kalau dusun sakap'..Sumarat bah..aisehman. Makes me want to revive my faith. Well, enough said..God bless everyone! (Ehem..tiba-tiba pulak jadi holy ni)




The bad and pitiful view of the stage..I guess its me who doesn't know how to take good shots/angle...Booooo

5 comments:

jepe said...

Ya..i agree with you about the sound system they used..so kasihan..i can tell you teruklah, i think that is weak part of the concert..but i over roll..mmm..its ok..I give them 3 star out of 5..keep it up..God bless..

Anonymous said...

what happened to the sound system? my sister said everything was ok but i did hear some rumour that they have probs with the sound system during the concert. nway, just think the worst possibility like nobody turned up? or raining heavily? or.. or.. haha, i think the mega concert was really blessed eventhough it was not perfect im sure those who were there, were blessed with the choir presentation/singings. Thanks for sharing. any more pics? hehe. GBU.

Anonymous said...

Hello mama rock.. My name is Jackson & I was one of the 1000 choir singer that sits on the stage with the Golden Angels & the Ambassadors.. well, you a right about the sound system.. very teribble but maybe The Dark Lord Satan is at work because he didn't want the beautiful voices of the artises including Joanna to heard, isn't it? But its a priveleage to sing with them. Do you have more pics on this concert, mama?? I see that you are sitting at the grandstand seating and I sat at the right hand of the stage.

Donna said...

Hi you guys/gal...

The sound system not so so so teruk jugak bah kan actually..yang penting the artistes and the choirs voices is still there...sounds so angelic and powerful to our ears...sumarat bah. One of the organizer forced me to join the choir..so they can add to the numbers..but I rather be one of the penonton. I am wondering..cos I didn't follow up after that..did they made it in the Malaysia Book of Records List as the most number of choirs members in a concert?...Tiada pun mention in the newspapers. Take care now! Cheers from Mama Rock

Anonymous said...

Actually the sound system is not bad at all..see when Joane Sue perform her voice much clear n better than the choir singer..but nwer they're still the best one, i feel SUMARAT too! sometimes..and i'm one of the penonton sat at the left hand of the stage with Florieta (Sabah Times)..da.