Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Cool Nature Getaway

Joined Debbie, Flory and Midi for a day trip to the coolest place in Sabah..of course up to the World Heritage Site, Kinabalu Park last Friday, 31 Aug...which is Malaysia's 50th Merdeka Day and holiday for all Malaysians. I have not been up there for awhile..so I thought I just have to get out of the so called 'mama's shell' (mmm?) and enjoy once in a while.

First stop is Pekan Nabalu..to have lunch and this is where I am looking forward to go to actually..to eat..haha cos Debbie told me about a Dusun chef whose cooking is something else and can be rated 1st class.

This is that Restaurant - Kedai Kopi & Makan Pekan Nabalu


Midi is the tukang order our food cos he's the one who recommends this eating place and the Chef himself is also the waiter. His name is Jusip (Dusun spelling for Joseph I suppose..and that reminds me of some kampung folks used to call me Duna..dusun pronounciation for Donna..kakaka).


For soup, we had this Sup Tom Yam...extraordinary and super delicious...not so spicy but just nice for me.


Midi serving our soup...so gentleman oh you kan Midi.


This is the famous dish that they were talking about...Chicken Tuhau...so sedap tau I tell you and addictive...for sure I would come back to this place again to order this.


Our third dish is a common one but yet very delicious ala Chinese cooking style - Mixed vege

Even this dog pun hungry...keeps brushing its feet in Debbie's skirt..minta makanan
Aiya..what happen this two pictures are senget..tried to fix but still senget..me blur.

Then comes the bill....


Full and satisfied...

The best part I like about Pekan Nabalu is the crafts...beautiful


We passed Kinabalu Park so our 2nd stop is Mesilau Nature Resort..way up to Kundasang. For those non-Sabahans, this resort is located at the foot and behind of Mt. Kinabalu. It is still very quiet up there..not many people goes there actually..but if you love nature and to have some peaceful moments, this is the place for you. The weather was foggy with a few drizzles and we could not see the mountain because its all covered with thick mist..but of course the air is so cool and refreshing...i really heart it.




Arrgh..where's my hands..didn't realize my hands are gone...funny photo.

Last stop is to Poring Hotspring..this place is so packed with people..lots of family with kids..not hairanlah..if you wanna go to Poring, try not to go during a public holiday. Just to cuci mata bolehlah...


With Mamut River on the background

Last group photo

On our way back..then we could see the majestic Mt. Kinabalu.

It was indeed a fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah u all enjoy aah..well am around the corner too but sedang mendaki gunung kinabalu, via Mesilau Trail..Fantastic place i tell u, must try once n a life time!

Anonymous said...

Jelesnya saya....mmmmmmm