Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Career Expo 2007 & Launching of Sabah Job Centre on 13 Nov 2007

I was involved in the Career Expo 2007 yesterday organised by the Ministry of Resources & IT Development. There were about 90 booths all stretch up along the road near Wisma Bandaraya. Visitors who came to the expo are mostly job seekers whom are fresh graduates, school leavers and of course the unemployed. Many youngsters came to visit our booth cos we have an HR Manager with us from the Sabah International Dairies (the company that supplies the 'susu sekolah')...lucky for us and she has the recruitment form to fill by those job seekers....they all seems desperate to have a job. One of them..only has SPM qualification and without any working experiences expect salary of RM1,000↑....oh my guttt..I think working experience is more important and valuable than having a degree cert actually (it's only paper).

Anyways, at noon there were some performances by Adam AF2, Evoke from Gangstarz Reality Show (I heard they are Sabahans too) and other local artists. Unfortunately didn't get to see them cos me and my boss packed up earlier by lunch time and left the booth empty..kakaka but did manage to get some pics of the event lah.

My boss supposed to attend the last day of the International Women Executive Congress 2007 which feature one very interesting paper by Datuk Jimmy Choo, the world renowned London based Malaysian shoe designer (he became more famous for being the late Princess Di's favourite shoe designer..I think), but because of this expo she has to missed it..damn. Just imagine the fee to attend this conference (for corporate) is like RM2,580...but of course they invited quality speakers but since many complained that the fee is too high, they lowered it down to RM1,780..still expensive though.



Our booth surrounded by job seekers




Me with Stella (left..my boss) and Amarjit from SID


Datuk Dr Yee Moh Chai presenting the certificate of participation to my boss....look at the girl in the background...mau juga wanna be in the picture..kakaka


The stage...the local artists will be performing


Went to see this particular booth that quite interest me...these people from Ampal Production who handles the sound system that day (company owned by Abu Bakar Ellah..I think)


They are promoting and selling our local artists CDs...got a few ringgit discount on that day only

1 comment:

~zely~ said...

Well, what about w.Malaysia people working in KK? I heard it's very difficult to get a job down there for W.Malaysia guy like me? =)