Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jolly good weekend


I had a pretty good weekend. In Harmony, my singing group got together again after being less active in the music scene (church music industry only lah...hehe) for a quite sometime. We were invited to sing a few songs at the newly built Kota Kinabalu City SDA English Church (pic above) at Jalan Bukit Padang last Saturday, 19 April. I do miss the old times when all of us where still young and beautiful (muahaha..perasaan..I think we still are...perasaan again) and SINGLE (for me and five others). Ita (our group's pianist) has more details here.

From L - R: Hazel, Flory (both 2nd sopranos), Lona, me (both 1st sopranos), Juanita (pianist), Lola & Beevy (both altos). Not in the picture are Ruth & Connie (also altos).



Something I like about this church - a cute bell and a beautiful stained glass window.


Later after church service, we had a nice lunch potluck provided by the church members...good food (mostly vegetarian really). I'm crazy over the potato salad....just look at my plate...ketara am hungry.



And then on Sunday, 20 April....we family (Me, Zorab & Carmen) visited my grandma at my kampung in Rani, Tenghilan. This is CJ's 2nd visit. We went to see a family camping activities at another kampung further up called Kg. Dundung. The camping ground is actually a mini golf range but kampung style and camping activities is quite popular among the kampung folks there and there is cute little stream nearby. The land actually belongs to one of my close relatives and it's beautiful place I should say.







No comments: