Friday, January 14, 2011

To have a stunningly great life and the best year yet

Hi there I'm finally back...two weeks after we entered 2011. I've been thinking about what are the 'big' things I have achieved back in 2010. Surprisingly, I don't quite remember if I have done any great things last year except giving birth to my 2nd child and my son Chardon Tristan in April. And that's the only thing I could be proud of. Oh my, I guess I didn't do much last year - how pity is that...unless I mentioned things I did very well that are work related like organising companies and State events (e.g. Sabah International Expo 2010) - its normality for me. But that's okay, so this year I want to do some transformation of myself and my life. What I didn't get to do in 2010 - I'll bring forward that more or less the same list 'TO DOs' in 2011. I'll do whatever I can! Let me share you just a bit on my 2011 plans - part of it is to focus more on my health; save more money; write a short children story (get publish later); join the Sabah Society Club; learn the drum; buy some new gadgets (will blog about it after purchase); try to apply a new job; travel to US in Dec; and oh ya of course...be a better mommy!

Thanks to my sister, Debbie that I came across this cool and so very inspiring 'Robin Sharma' Vlog about '5 Step Process to Make the New Year your Best Year yet'. I kept watching this video a few times to be inspired and motivate myself to better my life. Watch it and you'll understand what I mean:) What a great guru!


Now I would like to share what I learn from this video the '5 Step Process To Make The New Year Your Best Year Yet':

Step 1: Celebration
- What wins do you need to celebrate from the past 12 months?
- Write an inventory of your successes, wins, achievements and special moments


Step 2: Education
'With better awareness you can make better choices, and with better choices you're bound to see better results'
- What are the 3 best business lessons you learned from the past 12 months?
- What are the 3 best life lessons you learned from the past 12 months?
- What were you doing when you achieved your best results from the past 12 months?


Step 3: Clarification
'Clarity precedes Mastery'
- What are your Big 5 for this new year?
- What are your top 5 values for the next 12 months?
- What are your goals for the next 12 months?
- Creativity + Audacity = Mastery (Get creative; Be audacious; Dream; Challenge Yourself; etc)


Step 4: Graduation
- Take your goals, values and Big 5 for the next 12 months and graduate them into a plan (write down what you need to achieve every month)

Step 5: Visualization
- Emotionally engage with what you life will look like in the key areas of your life
- Revisit this picture every few days


Here's another awesome tips from Robin Sharma - His 60 Tips for a stunningly great life:

1. Exercise daily.
2. Get serious about gratitude.
3. See your work as a craft.
4. Expect the best and prepare for the worst.
5. Keep a journal.
6. Read “The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin”.
7. Plan a schedule for your week.
8. Know the 5 highest priorities of your life.
9. Say no to distractions.
10. Drink a lot of water.
11. Improve your work every single day.
12. Get a mentor.
13. Hire a coach.
14. Get up at 5 am each day.
15. Eat less food.
16. Find more heroes.
17. Be a hero to someone.
18. Smile at strangers.
19. Be the most ethical person you know.
20. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.
21. Savor life’s simplest pleasures.
22. Save 10% of your income each month.
23. Spend time at art galleries.
24. Walk in the woods.
25. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.
26. Forgive those who’ve wronged you.
27. Remember that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades.
28. Create unforgettable moments with those you love.
29. Have 5 great friends.
30. Become stunningly polite.
31. Unplug your TV.
32. Sell your TV.
33. Read daily.
34. Avoid the news.
35. Be content with what you have.
36. Pursue your dreams.
37. Be authentic.
38. Be passionate.
39. Say sorry when you know you should.
40. Never miss a moment to celebrate another.
41. Have a vision for your life.
42. Know your strengths.
43. Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.
44. Be patient.
45. Don’t give up.
46. Clean up your messes.
47. Use impeccable words.
48. Travel more.
49. Read “As You Think”.
50. Honor your parents.
51. Tip taxi drivers well.
52. Be a great teammate.
53. Give no energy to critics.
54. Spent time in the mountains.
55. Know your top 5 values.
56. Shift from being busy to achieving results.
57. Innovate and iterate.
58. Speak less. Listen more.
59. Be the best person you know.
60. Make your life matter.


Hope you got inspired with Robin Sharma as much as I do. Remember anything is possible if you believe you can do it. So let's all have a stunningly great life this year - all the best in 2011!

No comments: