Friday, February 11, 2011

Support our Sabahan talents!

I'm truly proud to be a Sabahan and I proudly support our local musicians - no doubt that we have many talented and best singers in this part of the earth!

One of them is Atama Katama - met him face to face during the launching of his 1st album 'My Tribal Roots' during our State's Harvest Festival celebration at the Kadazan Dusun Cultural Centre at Penampang, Sabah back in 2004 or 2005? (can't recall which year exactly). I think I was one of the 1st person to buy his album at that time because his music is SO COOL (love the beat, love the voice, love all of it!) and it was a cool thing he did - bringing hip-hop into our local music industry. Nope...not gonna mention about some contraversial matters he got himself into...but he's one damn brave dude and the 'sketch' thing he did still made me giggle up to now. ( I think all Sabahans knows about this - he attracted lots of attention and pumped more publicity).

Anyway, since I can say I'm a fan, enjoy his music here and embrace our local talents! Also check here for more info about Atama and his music.

No comments: