Thursday, October 11, 2007

First Malaysian 'Angkasawan' in Space


Dr Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Sheikh Mustapha
Born on 27 July 1972 (35 years old) in Kuala Lumpur
Orthopedic surgeon, part-time model (I remembered seeing him appeared in some commercial ads and you can also see his face in the kotak Milo) and now the first Malaysian 'Angkasawan' to fly to space.

Everyone thinks he's drop dead gorgeous..oh yes indeed...I guess even the guys would love to be in his shoes that he's got all the package..the brains and the looks! But sorry girls...he's got a sweetheart (sigh). Sorry husby..I kinda have a little crush on him..just for funlah..hahaha.

It was really an interesting moments to watch the Soyuz TMA-11 Rocket launched live last night..I got goose bumps when they did the countdown...scary and excited that I crossed my fingers that nothing wrong or tragic will happen. I noticed there was a nervous look on Dr Sheikh's face but we Malaysians are all proud of him. I am so inspired with US Astronaut's Peggy Whitson, Commander of the Soyuz Misson and is set to be the first woman to command the International Space Station (ISS). Such a tough woman and she even walks like a man. Her quote "One of the special things about the view of the Earth from space is that it is one planet and that it is very beautiful. I think it is a good illustration of the fact that there don't need to be any wars"...extracted from the Daily Express today....nice one!

Let's all pray and wish Dr Sheikh's safe return to Earth on Oct 21...probably he'll get a Datukship after that.

No comments: