Sunday, January 4, 2009

My sister's wedding

My younger sister Diane Chrissie is now married to Joseph, a policeman. I'm glad that she found a better match. They were childhood classmates before and they somehow bump into each other (after they grown up of course) at a Harvest Festival Celebration in KL there and the courting began.

The wedding was held on Christmas eve and surprisingly my parents also gave Deb and I two birthday cakes to blow each in front of all the guests because it was also our birthday that same day (FYI, we are fraternal twins)...I was blushing (with embarrasment) when they sang the birthday song. Anyways, I thought it was a fun and happy wedding. The ceremony was filled with music - my cousins played the violin and cello, my aunt played the piano and sang a duet with my dad and I sang Rob Kenolly's 'You Are' (the very same song that I sang during my own wedding) as my sister march down the aisle with my parents. Even one of my bestfriends, Melissa and her boyfriend Raz came all the way from KK to support. And there were some emotional moments as well.

It was harvesting season at that time of the year so our kampung home is once again surrounded by golden landscape and it's beautiful...perfect timing.

Some photos of my brother Disney and I took of the couple. CONGRATS lil sis and welcome to the club. May you and Joseph live happily ever after!









Wendell was the wedding's official photographer. His photos are great too...check out his blog.


Me doing the poco-poco dance with Carmen and nephew Delbert (only clad in his pampers...reminds me of 'the emperor's new clothes' he's just so cute and funny)...while Sabah's famous Bamboo Orchestral Band entertained the guests.




Photos taken at the 2nd Wedding Reception at the Groom's side on 28 December 2008 at Kampung Nahaba, Kota Belud. It was held in a Dusun Tindal traditional wedding ceremony way...and I'm proud to be part of that beautiful culture.







This is the Dusun Tindal's traditional game called 'Sepak Manggis'normally played during weddings


Colourful traditional patchwork normally used for wedding decor...something ala-ala Bajau...loving it!

No comments: