Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another tough decision

My previous employer insisted of not letting me go, so they offered me a promotion with a better pay. So this week I’ve to come up with a decision that may hurt either one party which is tough. But at the end of the day, it’s one choice I have to take – a better plan for my life and future. I actually missed my previous job cos I enjoy establishing contacts with people and getting more exposure in the business industries. And I felt like I’m turning into a hermit if I stay longer in this new company – so dead boring and less challenging. I realized that being there, I can’t expand my knowledge well enough – just simply can’t grow. I think you know clearly what my decision’s gonna be. Being in a corporate world for more than 10 years makes me a very competitive person and loving any challenges there is.

I recently bought an inspirational/self-motivation book from MV Doulos called ‘Live Like You Were Dying’ by Tim Nichols and Craig Wiseman, and which is based on Tim McGraw’s (the Grammy award winning country singer and husband of Faith Hill) song with the same title.

One of those words from the book inspired me to make the right decision. And it goes like:

“What’s the secret to success?” I asked. “Two words”, he said. “Right decisions.” “How do you make right decisions?” “One word,” he said. “Experience.” “And how do you get experience?” “Two words,” he answered. “Wrong decisions.”



So now I think I'll be going down that same career path again but with a whole new perspective.

6 comments:

Pammie Pajammie said...

ba come back to CP!! :D hehehehe

Mama Rock said...

Ya..I'm back to CP next week. I can breathe happily now.

Dolly MJ said...

hahaha! itulah dia 'rock mama'! :P

The Dreamer....^_^ said...

donna, yang penting happy bila bekerja kan...

Shern said...

You are a Gem! but whatever our decision is... It is the RIGHT one!

Mama Rock said...

thanks my dearies...job satisfaction is important and that's what makes you happy at work!