Thursday, February 18, 2010

My random book excerpt #1

After my daily reads of my fav illustrator, Keri Smith's blog 'Wish Jar Journal', I'm inspired to follow her footstep to just simply post anything extracted from a book, the papers, it could be a photograph or a photo art from a book/mag & etc. This could happen if I'm out of ideas what to say in my blog by simply extracting out some short but interesting piece of article/photo from a book or mag - at least to update or post something in here everyday or thrice a week.

One example I got from 'Wish Jar Journal' is this...Keri's random book excerpt #38 which I liked. She extracted it from a book (I guess) "Wandering" by Herman Hesse.



I also liked the fact that she often post nice quotes such as....
To write: to try meticulously to retain something, to cause something to survive; to wrest a few precises scraps from the void as it grows, to leave somewhere a furrow, a trace, a mark or a few signs - By George Perec.

So I'm gonna start today my very 1st random book excerpt:


I extracted a picture of an art called 'Look Closer' by Regina Cross from a lovely 2010 organiser - a Homage to African-American Artists (I guess because of Obama's reign as US President) given by an associate from the US Embassy in KL.

1 comment:

kurniawan.q said...

gosh there is a change? info thank friends