Monday, February 18, 2008

Soulful Amy Winehouse


Love is a Losing Game is one of my fav jazz number from Amy.


Bought Amy Winehouse's album last month because I thought her soulful/jazzy music and voice is unique (for a white singer) and is pretty my kind of taste (some songs only). One would taught that the singer of 'Rehab' is black. By listening to her vocal and songs..my prediction of Amy is that she would grab a few grammys for her album and Rehab as Record & Song of the Year...and I predicted well enough that she did dominate the Grammys at the recent 50th Grammy Awards and she made history for herself to be the first ever British female artist to win 5 Grammys (Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album) in one night. Her talents and style is so original that there's just one and only Amy Winehouse (notice her trademark - long black hair styled into a '60s-inspired beehive and extreme black eyeliner). Amy on songwriting (btw, she wrote her own songs): "Songwriting is like keeping a journal. If I didn't have this medium to get my experiences across, I would be lost". But I do hope she could pull herself together and not waste her already growing fame and life to drug abuse.

No comments: