Thursday, April 30, 2009

Baler

I've yet to watch the new released 'BALER', a Philippino movie but I'm really looking forward to watching it...I might want to watch it on Cinema or just buy the VCD today. I heard it's romantic & beautifully directed & probably consider an epic as well (like the movie Australia). I'm having goose bumps about it....especially when my fav Phil hunk, Jericho Rosales is on it starring together with Anne Curtis. (Aaaaaarrghh, I'm screaming now - crazy!)


Synopsis (taken from WikiPilipinas):
In 1898, a band of Spanish soldiers heroically defended Baler (which would later be the capital municipality of Aurora in 1951) against Filipino forces for 337 long and grueling days.

Filipino barrio lass Feliza (Anne Curtis) and Filipino-Spanish soldier Celso (Jericho Rosales) are caught in a forbidden love, torn apart by the societies they came from. Feliza's father Nanding (Philip Salvador) is an anti-Spanish government fighter, which puts pressure on the young couple to keep their relationship a secret. Outnumbered and out-gunned by the Indios they once governed and abused, the Spanish soldiers in Baler, including Celso and buddy Lope (Mark Bautista), are now forced to hole up in a church as they wait for non-existent military reinforcements to rescue them from the band of Filipinos who have now surrounded them and are waiting for their surrender.



The music is great as well & of course I've always love the voice of Sarah Geronimo. Sarah sings the Baler movie theme song 'Ngayon, Bukas at Kailanman', composed by Louie Ocampo.


So I've got to watch this movie - A MUST!

No comments: