Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Personal Tribute to MJ



The song 'You Are My Life' is one of my fav MJ song ballad and I wanted to play it during my wedding reception in 2003 but not jadi. It's such a romantic song but I cried watching this fan-made video of MJ with this song - it's just too sad.


You Are My Life (from MJ's Invincible album)

Once all alone
I was lost in a world of strangers
No one to trust
On my own, I was lonely
You suddenly appeared
It was cloudy before but now it’s clear
You took away the fear
You brought me back to life

[CHORUS]
You are the sun
You make me shine
Or more like the stars
That twinkle at night
You are the moon
That glows in my heart
You’re my daytime my nighttime
My world
You’re my life

Now I wake up everyday
With this smile upon my face
No more tears, no more pain
‘Cause you love me
You help me understand
That love is the answer to all that I am
And I’m a better man
You taught me by sharing your love

[CHORUS]

You gave me strength
When I wasn’t strong
You gave me hope when all hope is lost
You opened my eyes when I couldn’t see
Love was always here waiting for me


I penned a simple poem for MJ last night and maybe might turn it into a short song with no chorus (ha!). I tried a little bit of the melody on the piano this morning....It will be lovely and soft. I'm not that good so don't laugh ya but feel free to comment. Here goes...



A Poem/Song for Michael Jackson

Like an angel
Such a gentle and loving soul
Like a light
Shining through a hole
Giving hope to all the world
You bring happiness and love within

Just 50 and you're gone too soon
So unforgetable and irreplaceable
You've done so many so much
with love and full grace spirit
Just can't believe
You are here no longer

But remember...
You are not alone
The good Lord is with you
Now beside you in a place called
Heaven...
I see your smile now
May your soul rest in peace.

By Mama Rock/Donna, 2 July 2009.

Tadaa...that's all. Now I have all his songs and music videos as one of my precious collection.


If I ever meet him in person before - I think he's truly charming. I love that smile. Now I wanna learn how to do the Moonwalk. MJ legacy will live on forever! I LOVE YOU MICHAEL - 1958-2009 R.I.P!

Now I will have a good weekend - so happy weekend everyone!

No comments: