Sunday, July 26, 2009

Personal Tribute to Yasmin Ahmad (1958 - 2009)


Just a month after MJ's passing, there's another shocking news of the sudden demise of Malaysia's renowned filmaker - Yasmin Ahmad. She died of stroke and she's only 51. 20 years ago, my dad's father/my grandfather died of stroke and I know how it feels to lose a loved one in just a sudden and so unexpected. For more details prior to her death, read here. Although I've only watched two of her award-winning films 'Sepet' and 'Gubra' but I've always admires her creativity and talents and that I often follows and read her blog for inspiration. She will always be a legend in all Malaysian hearts because of her superb works and there will be no one as great as her. Rest in peace Yasmin Ahmad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

emm RIP !!!