Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Missed the 2009 Oscars

Damn...I missed watching the 81st Academy Awards (Oscars) last night except for the red carpet. I just bought Slumdog Millionaire's DVD today...so I'm gonna watch how good it is tonight. Two of my fav movies at the moment (charming and heartfelt) - Vicky Cristina Barcelonaand The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (I love the fact that life is not measured in time but in moments) did win some awards. Penelope Cruz hoped to bring an Oscar back to Spain and her dreams came true...she actually did a stunning performance in Vicky Cristina Barcelona and luckily I managed to watch on youtube (before the academy claimed copyright on all the oscar's videos) of her giving her thank you speech, which was beautiful (even in her strong Spanish accent). And I adores A R Rahman as always, no doubt his music is world class! Now...I'm looking forward to watch The Reader and Milk.

Just to let you know too that I've updated and put up some old posts - Memories of SIE2008 & Eatin and Chillin out

No comments: