Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Weekend & Mother's Day

Time really flies fast and weekend is here again and I've always look forward to do something worthy like painting an abstract art, crafting, scrapbooking, play and sing in the piano & etc at the weekends...unless I'm too tired/stressed up after layaning my little rascal CJ then I've become a lazy bone and my time for the weekend goes wasted...really frustrating when that happens...which usually does.

Okay here's something unrelated - American Idol...yes we now have the top 3 and Adam Lambert is in...of course he's the favorite to be the winner. I'm quite fond of him too, he's handsome but sometimes his looks are quite scary and weird but that's what we called unique and he might be or might not be - GAY. But he looks so convincing that maybe the rumours are true...OH NO! I think after he wins then he'll speak out the truth cos right now he needs or wants to be the next American Idol. See what happened to Clay Aiken.

The Top 3 - Kris Allen, Danny Gokey & Adam Lambert.

The handsome look of Adam Lambert

The scary look of Adam Lambert

Anyways, have a fun-crazy and smiley weekend then. Now I'll leave you to enjoy listening and singing to my all-time favorite song. Here's 'After All', a theme from the movie 'Chances Are' sang by Peter Cetera and Cher (but Kim Keyes sang Cher's part in this video). I think I'm going to revive my vocal and sing this song at the weekend...I used to memorize it by heart. It's truly a love song and best sang at weddings.


AFTER ALL
Well, here we are again
I guess it must be fate
We've tried it on our own
But deep inside we've known
We'd be back to set things straight

I still remember when
Your kiss was so brand new
Every memory repeats
Every step I take retreats
Every journey always brings me back to you

Chorus:
After all the stops and starts
We keep coming back to these two hearts
Two angels who've been rescued from the fall
After all that we've been through
It all comes down to me and you
I guess it's meant to be
Forever you and me
After all

When love is truly right
It lives from year to year
It changes as it goes
And on the way it grows
But it never disappears

Chorus

Bridge:
Always just beyond my touch
You know I needed you so much
After all, what else is living for?


And Happy Mother's Day too - read related post here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And look what happened to Clay Aiken, that is a loaded statement. Why should it have happened? He still has the same beautiful heart and voice, he is still the same man we got to know and love and yet those 3 letters G.A.Y. really changed so many people's lives, especially Clay's.

And if Adam were gay (which I believe he is) how would that change him? Much less than Clay I would presume as Adam is so much more comfortable in his own skin than Clay was during his time on Idol. Adam doesn't apologize for who he is and what he does, he just is and just does! And so far it is all good.

Hopefully the "Idol Machine" doesn't put the same gag's and restrictions on Adam that they did on Clay. I am sure Clay would have said something sooner if her were able. Is it merely a coincidence that Clay's record label and he couldn't come to "agreeable terms" after his admission? I think not.

I just hope that if Adam wins that he continues to be exactly what we are voting for, an original and amazing talent! Nothing he does in his private time (or anyone does in their private time for that matter, Clay included) changes who they are, how they sing or how much we admire them. Does it? Maybe that is the question!

Happy Mother's Day, good blog! Oh I happen to like what you labeled as the "scary" look of Adam! Different strokes for different folks!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, Adam won't choose to lie and deceive like Clay Aiken did. Adam seems to be more real, and perhaps will make better choices than Aiken did.

Mama Rock said...

All I could say with what you have just said - WOW! You have cleared out some misinterpretations I probably have said/done there and I agreed with you. Btw..who are you and where are you from?..its good & cool to know. Happy weekend and Mother's Day to you too.

Mama Rock said...

Okay...I'll take back my words on the 'scary look' of Mr Lambert...the right words for that particular look is uniquely weird..what dya think?