Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Take 6

Let's take 6 with me:

1) I love the month of May...especially whenever the Kaamatan (Harvest Festival)holidays comes around and besides that I love lurking for unique etnic stuffs at Kaamatan Bazaars. One of the bazaar, which they had it like annually prior to the Tadau Kaamatan is held at the Centrepoint Shopping Complex.






Here's what I've bought:
Just love the green shades...a green lil handbag with matching coin purse

Unique bracelet..just love the color

A handmade cloth hand purse (see how long it can tahan after I used it)


...and some cute collectible earrings (sorry no pics).

2) I received a sweet email from my husby on an inspirational video presentation "The Interview with God" and I heart the beautiful screen photos which you can also download as screensaver - COOL! They have other inspirational videos on their websites too (including Susan Boyle). But I adores this particular video that I have also copied and pasted on my blog (to watch, kindly check at the bottom of my blog's page)so I can read it as a reminder whenever I want to, you can do that too:) Although I'm so unholy and not really a rajin church goer but I still have that special spiritual relationship with God in my heart (only GOD knows)..wink^*

3) I'm inspired to write song and loving jazz music more and more and more! I'm SO inspired with the likes of Katie Melua and Zee Avi (a rising Malaysian singer-songwriter, guitarist & ukelele player, originally from Miri, Sarawak, and who got discovered from YouTube by an indie music label 'Brushfire Records, which is partly owned by Jack Johnson and now based in the US - lucky her!) The thing is I WANT TO write songs like these songs....

Nine Bicycles in Beijing by Katie Melua

There are nine million bicycles in Beijing
That's a fact,
It's a thing we can't deny
Like the fact that I will love you till I die.

We are twelve billion light years from the edge,
That's a guess,
No-one can ever say it's true
But I know that I will always be with you.

I'm warmed by the fire of your love everyday
So don't call me a liar,
Just believe everything that I say

There are six BILLION people in the world
More or less
and it makes me feel quite small
But you're the one I love the most of all

INTERLUDE
We're high on the wire
With the world in our sight
And I'll never tire,
Of the love that you give me every night

There are nine million bicycles in Beijing
That's a Fact,
it's a thing we can't deny
Like the fact that I will love you till I die

And there are nine million bicycles in Beijing
And you know that I will love you till I die!


My Aphrodisiac is You by Katie Melua

Some people say
That oysters make you come on strong,
But I don’t buy it,
I don’t believe my diet turns me on.
Won’t take no pills,
That’s the last thing that I need to do,
I can’t deny it,
My aphrodisiac is you.
Alright, I could sniff some powdered rhino horn,
And go to bed in rubber gloves.
But I don’t need no stimulation,
Potions, balms or embrocation, I’m in love,
In other words:
Don’t smoke no grass,
Or opium from old Hong Kong,
That hubble-bubble
Just makes me see you double
All night long.
Don’t waste my time
With Spanish fly and roots to chew,
They cause me trouble,
Because my aphrodisiac is you.
Alright, I could sniff some powdered rhino horn,
And go to bed in rubber gloves.
But I don’t need no stimulation,
Potions, balms or embrocation, I’m in love,
In other words:
Some people like
To read the khama sutra first,
But I don’t need it
I think if I should read it
I’d be worse;
Don’t ask me why,
‘Cause baby, I ain’t got a clue.
I just concede it,
My aphrodisiac Is you.

Written by Mike Batt
Published by Dramatico / Sony Music Publishing
From the album 'Call Off The Search'


Zee Avi's "Bitter Hear"

Sun rays come down as seen when they hit the ground,
Children spinning around till they fall down down down.
I wait for you: it's been two hours now,
You're still somewhere in town,
Your dinners getting cold.
I rest my case you are always this late,
And you know how much I hate waiting around 'round 'round,
Bitter heart, bitter heart tries to keep it all inside,
Bitter heart, bitter heart shadows will help you try to hide,
Bitter heart, my bitter heart is gettin' just a little fragile,
Bitter heart, bitter heart of mine.
And then you come and tell me the same reason as you did yesterday,
So tell me whats her name.
Doo doo da dum, doo doo da dum, doo doo doo doo doo doo da da dum dum, da da da da dum, da da da da dum, da da da da dum.
Bitter heart, bitter heart tries to keep it all inside
Bitter heart, bitter heart shadows will help you try to hide,
Bitter heart, my bitter heart is just getting a little fragile,
Bitter heart, bitter heart of mine, of mine, of mine, of mine, of mine, of mine.


4) I badly need a new hairdo! I want my new hairdo to be like Meg Ryan's cute kinky ringlet (as seen from her recent movie 'The Women').


I'm so fed up of bunning my hair like this all the time but I can't stop buying these cute hairclips & hairbands either



5) I yearn to go for an adventure (like I used to do in my younger days)

(a notebook made in China I guess (from my notebook collections)...I giggle when I read it, very the broken - this is sekadar gambar hiasan sahaja)

6)Movies to watch for the weekend
a) Wolverine

b) Two Lovers

c) Sparkle


That's my take 6 this time.

No comments: