Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kotobian Tadau Kaamatan (Happy Harvest Festival)

If you didn't hear from me...bla-bla-ing here for a few days that means I'm off for the Kaamatan holidays. It will be a long weekend. It's Harvest Festival for the Kadazandusun and Murut Community here in Sabah on May 30 & 31 (this is an info for the non-Sabahan & you may click here to know more about our 'Tadau Kaamatan' & here on how we dance the Sumazau). I'm a dusun and still thinking what are my plans for the Kaamatan weekend.

Anyways, would like to wish all Sabahans...especially the Kadazandusuns & Murut a BIG KOTOBIAN TADAU KAAMATAN KUMAA DOKOYU TOINSANAN! HAPPY HARVEST FESTIVAL! Remember don't moginum and drive.


Me doing the Unduk Ngadau wannabe pose and in my younger & slimmer days (at 17 & of course still single at that time) with my traditional Kadazandusun costume.

My sister Debbie and I harvesting paddy at the back of our Kampung home in Kg. Rani, Tenghilan.

I'm SO proud of my roots and being a Sabahan is cool! Aramaitiiiiii....

2 comments:

Lindut a.k.a Carmel said...

org Tenghilan plak ko nie..sa pn org Tenghilan..sblah Linsuk.. :)

Donna said...

hi carmelliny...nice name, nearly sounds like my daughter Carmen's name. anyways, great to know you're from tenghilan too, who knows we might be related (??) thanks for visiting ya..cheers!