Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lady Gaga's Alejandro

I often listen to this song 'Alejandro' by Lady Gaga in the radio and from her 'Fame Monster' album CD that I bought not long time ago but I never really care or notice what's the meaning behind it until I watched her 'Alejandro' video, which actually caused quite a stir & has contraversial imagery effects. But I think (or everyone knows that) Lady Gaga is one of the most daring, unique, amazingly strange especially in her sense of fashion, creative genius, too different and the coolest artiste there is after MJ. And I liked how eccentric she is both as an artiste and individual - a new legend is born. Did you know that she's also quite an accomplished pianist? My lovely beastie, Melissa also explained to me what the names - Alejandro, Fernando, Roberto and Hot Like Mexico in the song signifies about...read here:

Alejandro = man's defender and protector (GOD)

Fernando = ardent for peace (JESUS)

Roberto = bright or shining fame (HOLY SPIRIT)

Hot like Mexico = HELL

Try to incorporate this into the lyrics: "Don't call my name, Alejandro (God)", "I'm not your babe (child), Fernando (Jesus)", "Don't call my name, Roberto (Holy Spirit)", "You know that I love you boy, Hot like Mexico (Hell)".

The lyrics to this song really interest me and I salute the songwriters (Stefani Germanotta or aka Lady Gaga herself, Khayat & Nadir) for their creativeness. Reminds of another song with meaning behind it - the infamous old time rock song 'Hotel California'. To know/read the full meaning of the 'Alejandro' song - check here for 'The Occult Meaning'.

Lyrics to Alejandro:

I know that we are young. And I know you may love me

But I just can't be with you like this anymore. Alejandro

She's got both hands in her pocket. And she won't look at you, Won't look at you

She hides true love En su bolsillo. She's got a halo 'round her finger. Around you

You know that I love you boy, Hot like Mexico, rejoice.

At this point I gotta choose, nothing to loose

Don't call my name. Don't call my name, Alejandro.

I'm not your babe. I'm not your babe, Fernando

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch. Just smoke one cigarette and hush.

Don't call my name. Don't call my name, Roberto

Alejandro, Alejandro, Ale-ale-jandro, Ale-ale-jandro

(Just stop. Please. Just let me go. Alejandro. Just let me go.)

She's not broken, She's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad, just like a dad

And all those flames that burned before him

Now he's gonna fight your fight, gonna cool the bad

You know that I love you boy, Hot like Mexico, rejoice

At this point I gotta choose, nothing to loose

Don't call my name, Don't call my name, Alejandro

I'm not your babe. I'm not your babe, Fernando

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch. Just smoke my cigarette and hush

Don't call my name. Don't call my name, Roberto

Alejandro, Alejandro, Ale-ale-jandro.Ale-ale-jandro

By the way, Melissa (Angus) will be my colleague once again for about a month...we are starting to get busy in organising the Sabah International Business Conference 2010 and Sabah International Expo 2010 (SIE) come this 15 - 19 Oct @ 1Borneo Hypermall. We used to work together since 2001 but now she's free-lancing as an event coordinator. This will be our 5th SIE together as part of the Working Committee. It's gonna be fun around the office - she's as bubbly as I am. I'll talk more about her in here later.

No comments: