Friday, September 17, 2010

What song to sing?

A friend of mine will be getting married this weekend and she requested me to sing at her wedding ceremony. It's been quite a while since I last sang at a wedding or at church...I was still pregnant then. Even during my maternity period, I was invited by a friend to sing at his wedding but have to turned his invitation down. Last night I went through all my wedding song books/files and I still don't know what song to sing. I'm bored singing the other wedding songs I used to sing for people's wedding. Anyway, I came across this song 'With You I'm Born Again' - I thought why don't I try singing this song as a solo, but I love how John Legend and Mariah Carey sang their duet version of this song. I've not been practising my vocal lately (well, except singing in the bathroom) and I hope my vocal range could suite this song well although it's pretty simple & easy - if yes then this could be the perfect song for my friend's wedding.

Wish me luck - I could still change my mind though.

3 comments:

Kal-El said...

break a leg! :)

here's another version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ7netrzdjA

Donna said...

hi kal-el, thanks but I've change my mind during rehearsal at church today...i decided to sing Lea Salonga's 'Two Words'. The other song 'With You I'm Born Again' sounds lil gloomy for wedding ceremony but i think appropriate for the reception.

Kal-El said...

Two Words? A much better choice! Woohoo! :)