Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My last event?

Finally today, our company's major event this year, our Annual Luncheon is over and done with and probably my last event with MICCI. Phew after nearly 9 years I'm leaving MICCI - maybe not for good yet cos they (the bosses) do not want to let me go just yet and they offered to increase my pay but it's still lower than the new offer in my new workplace which I'll be starting my new duty as Administration Manager this coming Thursday. I will miss MICCI tremendously but I will try out this new post first. The good thing is (with this new job) I'm gonna have a secretary of my own to assist me...that's something new and good step to climb up the ladder in the corporate world - so wish me luck people!

Today at the Annual Luncheon, it was chaotic-ly busy as usual but so glad that the Chief Minister (thank goodness the State Assembly Meeting finished early) did turn up but a few Cabinet Ministers did a no show which is so frustrating to those member companies who hosted them. I was too busy to even take photos of the food except the last course - the dessert (Strawberry cheese cake with wild berries sauce - yummy and beautifully presented). We in the Secretariat table sat with a young Japanese businessman who came all the way to Tokyo just to attend the luncheon. Since he called us at the last minute and the VIP table was already filled up, he doesn't mind seating with us. He was so super friendly, humble and speaks good English.

Anyways, since my card reader is not working (shucks!), I'll post some photos later ya.

I'm really, really gonna miss organising/coordinating events after this. Just imagine all the contacts you can get. This difficult decision is for my family and for my own good. I hope things will turn out well.

No comments: