Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sudden Interest

Just recently, my twin sis, Debbie, got me into reading and listening to her researched stories on Mt. Everest, particularly of those stories that linked to the worst disaster in the history of Everest - the worst storm that hit Everest on May 10, 1996 where 8 people/climbers perished including the two world renowned guides, Rob Hall & Scott Fischer. It's interesting, inspiring, motivating & heart-wrenching. I was so focus on listening of her well-explained details that my head was full of imagination which makes me want to know more and what happened next. As if she's an expert climber already that she knows what and where is 'Hillary Steps', 'Khumbu Falls', 'South Col', the 'Death Zone' and blalala. And she even list down in one of her goals in life to climb up Mt. Everest one day, well at least reach 'Base Camp' (yeah right / as if) and that IF only she can afford to do so. She is so ambitious despite my warnings about frost bites and all. Well it's good to dream such a dream and I'm happy for her that she wants to live life to the fullest.

For more details about the May 10 storm, read here, from the journal of Cathy O'Dowd, the 1st South African woman who reached the summit of Mt. Everest. She recalls the experiences she had during the aftermath of that very tragic day.

And here are some photos of the Himalayan mountain range and Mt. Everest taken from the plane by a friend of Debbie's while on his flight from Sweden to Hong Kong. So beautiful!




I'm SO MOVED now to do something BIG in life - something that is unforgetable and memorable that people could/might remember me for (aiseman).

Keep dreaming Mama Rock!

No comments: